With SAP Employee Self Services (ESS) and Manager Self Services (MSS), your employees can perform numerous HR management processes on their own, significantly unburdening your HR department. SAP ESS/MSS are web-based technologies, allowing our employees and managers to access the offered services from anywhere.
Employee Self Services focuses on activities that every employee can do, while the Manager Self Services focus on manager activities.
SAP Employee Self Services and Manager Self Services offer your company many possibilities to unburden your HR department. You can choose the options most suitable for your company and make them available to your managers and employees.
As an alternative to the traditional ESS/MSS applications, SAP offers the SAP FIORI-based apps. Like ESS/MSS, these apps allow you to delegate a wide range of activities to your employees and managers. Thanks to their advanced design, they are extremely user-friendly and available on all devices. There is also the option to combine FIORI and ESS/MSS, by integrating the FIORI apps into the Employee Self Services and getting the best out of both technologies.
With SAP HR Renewal, the Self Service applications get a new, attractive user interface, thereby becoming more user-friendly and less prone to error.
We would like to show you in detail what options you have when integrating the various SAP components and what activities you can make available to your employees.
- If your employees are authorized, they can use ESS and MSS to view their personal data (for example address, bank details, or communications data) and perform updates, which your managers can then approve or discard.
- Combined with HR Time Management, ESS/MSS allows your employees to record working times online, submit leave requests and get an overview of working times and absence quotas. Your managers can either approve or deny the leave requests and also view team absences and attendances.
- In Payroll and Compensation Management, there is an option to display employees’ salary statements directly online and let your employees select their individual compensation plan from those available.
- SAP Event Management, where employees can sign up for events, and SAP Learning Solution, where they can access learning materials directly online, can also be integrated with ESS/MSS. The relevant manager can check these registrations and if necessary, reject or change them.
- Integrating the SAP E-Recruiting solution with the Self Services offers your employees an internal job portal, where they can directly apply for open positions. Managers can both manage the job postings and contact candidates.
- Shift Planning tasks can also be integrated with ESS/MSS. Employees can list their preferred working times which are then made available to the relevant manager for planning purposes. After the planning of working times, employees get to view the final schedule.
- Travel Management can also be integrated with ESS/MSS, allowing your employees to directly request trips, manage travel budgets and process travel expense records.
Far from complete, this list of ESS & MSS functions gives you only a few examples of the many options you can make available to your employees by using ESS & MSS.
Regarding modules that are integrated with ESS/MSS, you can also make reporting options available to your managers.